When decorating our new house, we generally use various furniture decoration panels. Plywood is an indispensable one. As one of the three major boards of wood-based panels, it has good advantages in itself.
Advantages and disadvantages of plywood
1. Advantages of plywood
a. In the process of making plywood, it is not easy to produce debris. It is a good way to save wood by rationally utilizing log resources and improving wood utilization.
b. Plywood has the characteristics of light texture, strong bending resistance, and beautiful appearance and texture, and can be used as a good decorative product.
c. The finished plywood can withstand high temperature and climate change, and it is not easy to break after a long time. It can be used in airplanes, trains, ships and cars, as well as home improvement and containers.
d. Plywood can make reasonable use of logs in production, and no sawdust will be produced in the process. Therefore, generally 2 cubic meters of logs can produce 1 cubic meter of plywood, and it can also replace 5 cubic meters of logs. Some residues can be produced during use, so it is more cost-effective, and it is also a raw material with better production density and particleboard.
2. Disadvantages of plywood
a. Average hardness: the hardness of the bottom plate is not very good, and special attention should be paid to whether there will be scratches in daily life.
b. Single design: relatively single in color design
c. The surface of plywood is not smooth enough compared with wood boards and density boards, so the cleanliness is not very good, and it is not suitable for the use of single-sided parts, such as cabinets, doors and windows.
d. The plywood is not dry enough, so quality must be taken into consideration when purchasing. If you accidentally buy some poor-quality plywood, it will cause serious deformation of the board during use. At this time, external force is not easy to adjust it.
e. Some plywood is made of plywood. At the basic level, some decorative materials such as aluminum-plastic panels are glued on the surface, but this type of plywood is not very firm compared to ordinary density boards.
Advice on purchasing plywood
1. When selecting, be sure to choose plywood with wood grain and similar colors. You should also consider the decoration design of the home. Only by starting with the style can you find the matching plywood color.
2. There should be no dead knots or patches on the front side, which is an aspect that can be checked intuitively.
3. There must be more than five slipknots in horny nodes, and the area should not be less than 15 square millimeters.
4. The color of the plywood should not have obvious color difference, and there should be no dense hairline cracks, and there should be no cracks larger than 200mm×0.5mm.
5. It can be seen from the appearance whether the plywood is decayed or deteriorated. It is necessary to choose a product with better quality and longer service life, so as to reduce the cost for the family.
You have already understood the advantages and disadvantages of plywood, as well as some purchasing standards and daily uses. In fact, this is one of the commonly used materials for furniture, and it is also a kind of man-made board. Therefore, when choosing, you can judge according to the method described above, and don’t let yourself buy some plywood that does not meet the conditions and quality requirements, otherwise it will affect the later practical use.