In the production of customized wardrobes, cabinets, and other furniture, board density is a very important parameter. Board density refers to the unit volume mass of the board, usually measured in kilograms per cubic meter (kg/m ³） express. The density of plywood board directly affects the quality, stability, durability, and service life of furniture. Therefore, when selecting plywood, it is necessary to consider the important parameter of board density.
Classification of board density
According to the density of the board, it can be divided into three categories: high-density board, medium-density board, and low-density board.
1. High-density board: refers to a density of 800kg/m ³ The above boards. High-density board has high density, hardness, strength, and is not easily deformed, and has good impact resistance and compression resistance. The surface smoothness of high-density boards is high, easy to process, and suitable for fine carving and splicing. High-density boards are widely used in high-end furniture, display cabinets, speakers, stairs, wall decorations, door decorations, and other fields.
2. Medium density board: refers to a density of 300kg/m ³~ 800kg/m ³ Between the sheets. The density of the medium-density board is moderate, with moderate strength and hardness, easy to process and decorate good formability, and stable size. Medium-density boards can be processed and coated using various methods and can be made into various furniture, door panels, packaging boxes, decorative panels, etc.
3. Low-density board: refers to a density of 200kg/m ³ The following sheets. Low-density boards have low density, low strength, and hardness, but they are lightweight and easy to process and transport. Low-density boards have good sound insulation effects and can be used to make soundproofing boards, packaging boxes, etc.
Precautions for board density
1. Choose the appropriate board density: When purchasing boards, choose the appropriate board density based on the purpose and requirements of the furniture. If you need to make high-end furniture or furniture that needs to withstand significant pressure, you should choose high-density boards. If you need to make ordinary furniture or furniture that requires consideration of weight and cost, you can choose medium-density board or low-density board.
2. Preventing board deformation: The density and stability of the board are directly related to the stability and service life of the furniture. When making furniture, it is advisable to avoid using boards with low density to avoid deformation or cracking of the furniture. At the same time, attention should be paid to the storage environment of the board to avoid moisture, deformation, or deterioration.
3. Reasonable use of boards: When making furniture, boards should be used reasonably to avoid waste. Splicing, inlaying, and other methods can be used to fully utilize the area and performance of the board.
In short, board density is a very important parameter that directly affects the quality, stability, durability, and service life of the furniture. When selecting boards, it is necessary to choose the appropriate board density based on the purpose and requirements of the furniture and pay attention to preventing board deformation and use boards reasonably when making furniture.